Drive-Through Trunk or Treat
This year we will have to skip our fall festival at Messiah, but we will host a Drive-Through Trunk or Treat on Halloween, Saturday, Oct. 31, from 4 to 6 P.M. In recent years we have been successful in bringing joy to children and their families by decorating our vehicles with a faith-based message and handing out candy. We feel that we can still accomplish this in a safe manner in this pandemic season.
Members, we need cars! If you would like to decorate your vehicle and participate in the Drive-Through Trunk or Treat, that would be awesome! We will send out a list of ideas for you, and there are many ideas you can check out on Pinterest. We will send via email guidelines and safety procedures to ensure that we are doing our best to keep everyone well.
Outdoor worship will be streamed live at 9:30 A.M.
Beginning Oct. 25, Messiah will livestream an outdoor in-person Sunday worship service under the tent at 9:30 A.M. If you come to church, our council asks that everyone bring their own lawn chair, if possible. Please plan to wear a mask when interacting with others. Holy Communion will be offered using the pre-filled disposable kits that we have sent for use at home.
Friends, we appreciate your gifts. To make an online offering, go to this link.
- Our main concern is that everyone is safe when taking the opportunity for communal worship. With this in mind, if you feel that for any reason the in-person gathering would be unsafe for you or someone you are caring for, please continue to participate in worship online.
- Guidelines for Worshipping Together Safely Outside
Please observe the physical distancing recommendation, keeping six feet between people, except among your family group.
- Please wear a mask, especially while you are under the tent (or in the church) where the air circulation will not be as great as the rest of the outside. We have masks available if you need one.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided. Feel free to use the restrooms inside the church, following the guidelines above.
- If you bring an offering, place it in the “little church” offering box.
Who should continue to worship at home online:
Those concerned about personal health vulnerabilities.
Those who are caring for family or friends with health vulnerabilities.
Those who have recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19.
Those who have any of the symptoms related to Covid-19 e.g. cough, fever, body ache,